SPE Furnishings is now open at Briercliffe Shopping Centre in Burnley. The enterprise is the initiative of Spacious Place Engage. They assist individuals, as they move from a point of genuine need, into a place of hope and opportunity. They value people and believe that everyone deserves a house that they can proudly call home, without financial risk. In August 2017 SPE Furnishings opened its first furniture store in Burnley, Lancashire. A shopping experience for all members of the community, they offer quality and value, whilst in partnership with PCCU reducing the need for unethical loans and resultant debt.
High street branded furniture, can be purchased and delivered next day, at prices up to 50% less than retail. In partnership with Co-op Electricals, savings are replicated in the white goods and entertainment ranges. Paint is delivered as part of the nationwide Community Repaint scheme. Each sale reduces landfill waste, whilst providing opportunity for local groups and individuals to benefit from our products.
Mark from SPE Furnishings talked to PCCU about the social enterprise
Our locality is our focus and the reason why SPE Furnishings exists. Sales support our work in our community, with every purchase making a difference. Our social project, Spacious Place Engage assists individuals as they move from a point of genuine need, into a place of hope and opportunity. We support initiatives such as the Spacious Place Food Bank and work with other likeminded organisations as they invest in local people.
With new items arriving each week, our ranges suit all tastes and consider all budgets. With over 500 items in store, many of which can be taken away or delivered next day, a trip to SPE Furnishings provides a shopping experience like no other.
Alongside card and cash payments, Pennine Community Credit Union are available to offer affordable loans to purchase your chosen furniture. With a PCCU branch in store, decisions are quick and always considerate of your personal financial circumstances.
- Rates between 1% and 3% interest per month on the decreasing balance (12.7% APR – 42.6% APR) – so the interest is always reducing
- Loan decisions by people not computers
- No setup fees
- No early settlement penalties
- By carefully assessing each applicants personal circumstance, we make loan decisions on affordability and tailor repayments to suit you
- FREE life insurance (subject to rules), so in the event of your untimely death your loan would be paid off.
- Even if you already have a loan, you can still apply for a top up loan