This account enables you to save throughout the year but withdrawals can ONLY be made during November and December. This means that Christmas savings really are just for the Christmas period.
This account was designed to meet the needs of account holders who told PCCU that they wanted to save throughout the year for the expensive Christmas period but found it hard when other unexpected bills appeared. The account is unlike some other saving clubs and schemes where you are restricted to certain shops to spend the money you saved, with our Christmas Account the money is available to spend wherever you like.
- Hugely successful last year where over £160,000 was saved by PCCU account holders
- Save throughout the year, with as little or much as you like
- Withdrawals can only be made in November and December, so only used for the purpose of the Christmas period
- Join at any point during the year
- Withdrawals available by BACS transfer, loaded onto a Engage VISA card or cash
- Money does not have to all be withdrawn at once
- Any money not used will start your saving for next Christmas
With the Christmas Account there is no temptation to dip into your savings early.
Your money is locked in until the 1st November through until December 31st. When considering other companies who provide similar Christmas saving and voucher schemes remember that PCCU is run solely for the benefit you. We do not charge fees, we do not take a percentage of your money and you are not tied into using the money YOU saved in restricted shops.
- Saving accounts fully covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme up to £85,000
- Receive a share of any profits PCCU makes through the annual dividend
- All savings are covered by FREE life insurance, so that if in the event of your untimely death your shares would be given with the insurance amount to the person you nominated (subject to rules)
- Some account holders save in the Christmas Account and spread the remaining cost of Christmas over the following year with an affordable loan from PCCU
- Have your money loaded onto a prepaid Engage Visa Card, which reduces the need to carry cash. Whilst also offering the chance to earn up to 15% cashback with Engage rewards partners whilst you spend.