Why should I save with PCCU?
- Savings are important to help a credit union function. PCCU is in a fortunate position with current collective savings of over £6 million. This is because throughout our 36 year history we have promoted saving and thrift.
- You decided how much you want to save and how often, plus we do not charge you or your family members any fees to save with us. We aim to make it easy to deposit and withdraw your money.
- Any money that you save at PCCU is protected by the FSCS up to £85,000.
- The money you save is secure in your account; however behind the scenes we pool all the savings. It is from this common pool of savings that we issue loans at affordable rates to members.
- Your money is safe in your personal account however many account holders are happy that their savings are helping other people in their community to access loans at affordable interest rates.
- The interest gained from the loans issued then goes back into paying the expenses of operating PCCU, the remaining profit is then returned to the account holders annually in the form of a dividend. It does not matter if you have £5 or £5,000 you will received the same rate of dividend.
- By saving at PCCU it really is a win-win situation. Your savings are safe and secure, they allow others to access affordable loans and we all share the profits.
People helping People.