You can apply for an affordable loan today online, or contact a member of staff to get a free quote and discuss borrowing options. There are NO requirements of loan applicants already being account holders, savers or previous borrowers. There are many benefits to a PCCU loan;
- Rates between 12.7% APR and 42.6% APR on the decreasing balance – so the interest is always reducing
- Loans from £150 – £15,000
- Loan decisions by people not computers
- NO setup fees
- NO late payment penalties
- NO early settlement penalties
- By carefully assessing each applicants personal circumstance, we make loan decisions on affordability and tailor repayments to suit you
- FREE life insurance (subject to rules), so in the event of your untimely death your loan would be paid off
- Even if you already have a loan, you can still apply for a top up loan
Anyone who borrows from PCCU is expected to save into a savings account as they make loan repayments. These savings build up and act as collateral against the loan. They are fixed against the loan balance and can only be accessed once the borrower has fully repaid the loan or the loan balance is lower than the savings balance, when the borrower is allowed to take out the difference.
PCCU’s £500 Family Loan & Saving Scheme lets you borrow and use your Child Benefit for the repayments. Complete a simple loan application, with no credit check – after an affordability assessment your Family Loan can be ready in no time at all. Click here to find out more about our Family Loan & Saving Scheme.
Apply for a PCCU loan
Apply for a PCCU today, with competitive interest rates and repayments especially tailored to suit your financial circumstance.Apply Now
Let’s check you can apply for a loan at PCCU
To be eligible to apply for a Pennine Community Credit Union loan, you need to meet the following conditions:
- Be aged 18 or over
- Live or work in the boroughs of Burnley, Pendle, South Craven, Ribble Valley, Rossendale, Hyndburn, Blackburn with Darwen, Preston, Lancaster or the county of Cumbria OR;
- Be employed by The Together Group, Calico Group, Accent Group or Your Housing Group OR;
- In receipt of housing services from the above companies, i.e. tenancy
If you do not fulfil our criteria to open an account, please click here to find your nearest Credit Union
There are many ways to repay a PCCU loan including;
- Standing order
- Through a direct benefit payment such as Child Benefit, Tax Credits, Universal Credit, Pension etc.
- Straight from your wage through our Payroll Deduction Scheme
- Card payment
Every loan application is looked at individually by highly trained members of staff, in a confidential and understanding manner.
Get in Touch
If you are looking for an affordable loan, with competitive interest rates and repayments especially tailored to suit your financial circumstance – look no further than a PCCU loan.Contact Us
We endeavour to look at every application for loans at PCCU, however in circumstances where applicants have entered into a bankruptcy or an IVA (individual voluntary arrangements), or are currently in a debt management plan or DRO (Debt Relief Order) it is unlikely that we would be able to provide a loan.
If we are unable to offer an applicant a loan, they are still welcome to save at PCCU. There are a number of organisations that may be able to offer help or advice on debt if we cannot approve a loan application.
Citizens advice www.citizensadvice.org.uk
StepChange debt charity www.stepchange.org