Here at PCCU, part of our mission is to lend money in an ethical and responsible manner. We realise that managing your finances can sometimes be tricky, and that anyone can occasionally experience a situation in which they need to borrow some money in order to tide them over. We also know that more expensive purchases, such as cars, kitchens and furniture, can cost more than most people can easily conjure up. Occasionally, no matter how carefully you arrange things, it’s possible to find that multiple loan repayments become difficult to organise and keep track of. That’s where debt consolidation loans can come in extremely useful.
A debt consolidation loan is a means of simplifying and controlling the money you owe. It could be that you owe money on a couple of credit cards, a bank overdraft and a cash loan. You’ll be paying interest on each of these loans, probably at varying rates, and it can be all too easy to lose track of your payments and end up in more debt.
That’s why we’re happy to lend money for a debt consolidation loan at reasonable interest rates on a not-for-profit basis. You can borrow an amount from PCCU which will enable you to clear all of your existing loans and then pay the money back to us on an extremely favourable basis. The advantages are varied and include free life insurance* and the knowledge that the organisation you’re borrowing from is dedicated to improving the life of the local community.
Unlike many loan companies, we set our interest rates as low as we can, and we promise that the interest rate quoted in any literature is always exactly what you’ll pay. Many people might not realise that the interest rates advertised by many loan companies only have to be offered to 51% of the people taking out loans. If you have the bad luck to be in the other 49%, you could end up paying considerably more than you thought you’d be paying.
This kind of straight talking runs through every part of the debt consolidation loan process. We’ll only lend you an amount you can afford to repay, and we’ll explain exactly how we reach that decision in person. We realise that every applicant is a person in their own right, so we have a duty to treat them as individuals. Every loan we give also comes with a free life insurance policy* ensuring that, at the very least, your loan will be paid off in full in the event of your death (subject to rules).
We understand how stressful debt can be for many people, and we know that a debt consolidation loan from us can deal with that stress in one fell swoop. Immediately, you’ll have a single repayment to think about, featuring the lowest possible rate of interest and no hidden fees, charges or catches.
We also make a point of coming to a decision quickly once you’ve provided all of the information we need. We’ll often let you know on the same day, and promise to take no longer than two days. Once a successful debt consolidation loan is processed, the money will be paid into your account via BACS on the same day, leaving you free to deal with multiple debts, relax, and get on with your life.
* Subject to rules