We are closely monitoring the situation, following government advice, whilst holding the health of account holders, the community and staff at the heart of decision making.
However we understand the saving and loan services we provide to the community are very important. We will update this page to inform account holders what the current position is with the credit union in relation to coronavirus. Please be assured that PCCU are working hard on contingency planning.
What is coronavirus?
COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called coronavirus. Please find the latest information and up to date advice from the NHS here
When will the PCCU branches reopen to account holders?
PCCU reopened the three town centre branches in Nelson, Burnley and Colne on Tuesday 26th May 2020 at 12:00pm. The branches will open Monday-Friday with normal hours.
All three branches closed on Saturdays for the foreseeable future. Due to the lockdown announced on the 4th January 2021 we are unable to keep the Nelson branch operating on Saturdays mornings.
As of the 24th July please wear a face covering when entering the branches as instructed by the government guidelines.
PCCU have complied with the government’s 5 steps guidance on ‘Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020’
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with the people who work at PCCU
- We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace
- Where people cannot be 2m apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk
Full details on the reopening of branches and the social distancing measures that we have implemented can be found by clicking here
What services are PCCU currently providing?
As well as the branches reopening Monday to Friday we will continue to provide a full service via online and telephone channels – more details below.
Branches closed on Saturday mornings. The Online Account Area is available for up-to-date balances, and to request withdrawals and complete loan applications which will be processed by staff on Mondays.
How can I withdraw, deposit or complete loan applications?
- Withdrawals can be requested in branch, online here, through PCCU’s secure messaging Nivo app, via telephone on 01282 691333
- Deposits can be made in branch (bank transfers are preferred), with card payment by telephoning a branch or bank transfer, a member of staff will happily assist account holders with any queries in relation to deposits
- Loan applications can be submitted online here, through PCCU’s secure messaging Nivo app or via telephone. In branch staff can assist and advise on how to complete and submit applications.
As the picture changes every day we are committed to keeping account holders informed. If you require any further information please contact a member of staff
Contact PCCU today
If you would like to discuss your account please contact PCCU todayContact Us