Your little ones or your “not so little anymore” ones are back settled in to school, the nights are getting shorter and cosy nights on the sofa are getting far more appealing.
Nevertheless we have pulled together a list of all the autumn activities you didn’t know you needed. Make sure to bookmark this page for when you are stuck for ideas this season.
- Make slow cooker hot chocolate this will be sure to have you going back for more
- Wrap up and head out for an autumn picnic – Make sure to take some warm goodies with you in a flask such as a delicious soup
- Go conker collecting – This one just has to be done!
- Bake a crumble – Apple, blackberry or both. One thing for sure no matter the filling it has to be paired with some delicious custard
- Host a themed dinner party, enjoy a lovely meal with your nearest and dearest that is a little bit different than most. Dress up, put on some music and serve some food inspired by your chosen theme.
- Toast marshmallows – is there anything better than warm marshmallows?
- Watch an autumn sunset – choose your evening and location carefully to get the best chance at seeing an autumn sunset you won’t forget
- Do leaf crafts with your children – collect leaves, conkers, pinecones you name it and create some stunning autumn art pieces
- Carve a pumpkin ahead of the spooky season
- Go for a forest walk and admire the sea of orange, red and yellow leaves. The perfect family photo opportunity and your children will love jumping in the piles of leaves.
- Have a family movie marathon day, the perfect plans for a gloomy autumn day
- Go stargazing – visit somewhere quiet away from as much artificial light as possible and lookout at the stars
- Get a head start on your Halloween costumes – no more Mr. Nice Guy we want you to bring your A game this year and really deliver that scare factor
We hope you are feeling all inspired with these autumn activities and have a pumpkin packed fun filled few months on the lead up to Christmas.
If you are looking to borrow & save this Autumn PCCU’s Family Loan & Saving Scheme may be of interest to you. Borrow up to £500 for family expenses and use your Child Benefit to make the repayments and saving deposits – We assess your affordability with no credit check. Click here to read more.